- Base energy
- Super effective vs
- Not very effective vs
- Ineffective vs
Has a 30% chance of inflicting an extra effect that depends on the terrain.
The user focuses and taps into an arcane power known only to a chosen few, unleashing it in the form of a brilliant beam of light. This beam draws upon the energy of the natural world, and it becomes colored according to the surrounding terrain and gains the power to cause some extra effect to the target as well (30% chance of extra effect; the attack is always Normal-type).
When determining the terrain type for Secret Power, the overall arena's terrain type is taken into consideration (thus, if the arena is primarily field but has a small pond in the middle, Secret Power acts as it would for an area of short grass). If the arena is too diverse to assess in this fashion, the area directly surrounding the user of the attack is what is taken into consideration.
The beam color and its added effects, with regards to terrain, are thus:
- Man-made terrain: Paralysis, white
- In grass or if Grassy Terrain is in effect: Sleep, green
- If Electric Terrain is in effect: Paralysis, yellow
- If Misty Terrain is in effect: Lower Special Attack by one stage, pink
- Rocky terrain or in a cave: Flinch, black
- Sandy terrain, desert: Lower Accuracy by one stage, ecru
- Marsh/Swamp: Lower Speed by one stage, glaucous
- On or in a body of water: Lower Attack by one stage, blue
- In snow or on icy terrain: Freeze, blueish white
- In a volcano or in lava or fire: Burn, bright orange
- On a burial ground: Flinch, deep purple
- In the sky or very, very high arena: Lower Speed by one stage, lavender
- In space: Flinch, silver